Media Rules and Procedures
NOLA Motorsports welcomes all members of the media to request credentials to any of its events. To obtain credentials, please review the following procedures.
- NOLA Motorsports will review credential applications for working print, broadcast journalists & still photographers. Internet-only journalists will be considered on a space-available basis depending on the legitimacy & popularity of the website they are representing. NOLA Motorsports reserves the right to limit the number of media credentials issued. You must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a credential. Professional attire required.
- Please have your supervising editor provide a letter of assignment written on company stationery. The letter must state in what capacity you will be covering the event (i.e., newspaper reporting, radio broadcast, television coverage, online reporting, photography, etc.) and which event you wish to cover.
- Media credentials are issued to working media only. All credentials are non-transferable and any unauthorized use will subject the bearer to confiscation of the credential and removal from the premises. A request for credentials does not guarantee they will be issued.
- All freelance credential requests must be submitted by the editor of the publication requesting services. We are unable to credential freelancers unless they are on a specific assignment from a recognized media outlet.
- All media credentials will include parking in a designated media parking area as space allows. Details will be provided with event-specific credential confirmation.
- If more than one credential is needed per media outlet, please specify the nature of the assignment (photo or writing) and complete a separate credential request for each person.
- NOLA Motorsports reserves the right to immediately revoke event credentials at any time and require exit from the property in the case of any conduct deemed detrimental to the safety of themselves, or others, or to the safe operation of the facility.
- Approved media are not to take pictures of their credentials and share on social media, email, text message or any other form of communication. Credentials will be revoked if this is seen.
- Media members granted credentials will be required to upload copies of their work via a special Dropbox Request page. This upload process is free of charge for the end user and likely the easiest and quickest way to submit photo and video work. An email containing a special upload link will go out to media members leading up to each event. Media members are also able to drop of a hard-drive and will be returned once copies are made.
- Long pants and closed-toe shoes are required for Pit Lane and Trackside access. No shorts, tank tops or open-toed shoes are allowed. Photographers will be an NOLA Motorsports issued a Photo Vest that must be worn at all times. Photo Vests may not be shared under any circumstances. All Photo Vests must be returned to Security at the main entrance or the Media Center when departing. If the sanctioning body in charge of the event being covered requires more strict clothing rules for access to hot areas, those rules must be followed at all times.
- All media must attend a safety meeting at our track (usually held in the morning before on-track activity during events) in order to receive a photo vest allowing track access. A signed waiver and written acknowledgment of track photo rules may be permissible at some events in lieu of a safety meeting.
- Under no circumstances will crossing the track or any paved areas inside the track fence, standing at or on the tire barriers or jumping fences be allowed. Ladders of any type are not permitted inside the track fence. Media must obey any instructions from corner and/or track workers at all times or risk immediate revocation of event credentials.
- Video, film footage and photographs shot on the grounds of NOLA Motorsports may only be used for legitimate coverage. There is no commercial photography or solicitation allowed on the premises unless you receive written permission for our General Manager. Anyone found soliciting on the track grounds will be removed from the premises and lose all privileges for future events.
- The use of motorized vehicles is not permitted on any race surface.
- Only photographers WEARING track issued vests and NOLA Motorsports Photographer Hard Cards are allowed to work inside the spectator fence. Sharing of vests and Hard Cards will result in dismissal. If your publication needs for additional media, please have the editor request them through proper channels.
- Photographer will be charged $50 in the event your vest is not returned at the end of the event.
- No consumption/use of controlled substances is allowed prior to the end of all daily track activities.
- The use of any Unmanned Ariel System/Drone is not permitted at NOLA Motorsports unless prior permission is granted in writing from our General Manager. Any use must comply with FAA guidelines.
DEADLINE FOR REQUESTS
All media credential requests are due no later than 7 days prior to the start of each event. Requests received after the deadlines are not guaranteed approval.
CONFIRMATION OF CREDENTIALS
- Confirmations will be sent via e-mail to the specific person making the request only. No confirmations will be sent one week prior to the event.
- When you receive your credential confirmation, please review the information and contact us immediately if you feel we have provided you with a credential that does not give you appropriate track access, or if you have other questions.
NOLA Motorsports does not mail credentials. Credentials will only be issued at the track upon receipt of a signed waiver and acknowledgment of track photographer guidelines and after presenting proper ID at registration. You cannot sign for another reporter or photographer’s pass. Location of registration and hours for credential pick-up will be included with your confirmation e-mail.
MEDIA CENTER ACCESS
Access to the Media Center is available for working deadline media only. Space is limited and provided at the sole discretion of NOLA Motorsports. Availability of high speed Internet access is subject to demand.
All credential decisions are made by NOLA Motorsports at its sole discretion. Questions regarding credential procedures and/or types of credentials can be directed to: Dennis Lomonaco at email@example.com.