Here are some things to consider.
Race time is 11:00AM!!! We need to start on time!!!
If you have special needs- let me know ASAP!
Electric (1:12, 1:10, and 1:8)
Stock, Spec, and Super Sport
4WD Touring/Sedan (Stock Touring, Vintage TransAm, and RCGT)
2WD Pan-car (World GT and 1/12 Pan-car)
IGT/GT-8 (Kyosho, Ofna, Serpent, Traxxas)
- Nitro TC .12: ROAR Rules...
- 12th ScalePan-car: ROAR approved 13.5 BL motor, ROAR approved 1S Lipo battery, blinky/open ESC, open foam Tire, 730 grams minimum weight, ROAR approved bodies, per ROAR general specifications.
- Touring Car: ROAR approved 17.5 BL, open motor, ROAR approved 2S Lipo battery, blinky/open ESC, 1420 grams minimum weight, ROAR approved bodies.
- World GT: ROAR approved 13.5 Brushless Motor, ROAR approved 1S Lipo battery, blinky ESC, Spec Lilac compound WGT Tire (BSR, JACO, CRC), 930 grams minimum weight, bodies and chassis per the general requirements of the WGT technical specifications dated 08-10-2009.
- RCGT: Four Wheel Drive touring car chassis only, "realistic/scale" Touring Car/GT body (No "Race" bodies, Stratus, Mazda 6 etc.), HPI #4495 X-Pattern Tire, Kit Lexan wing (flat realistic wing if included) or Plastic realistic wing set(s), Motor limit 27T/17.5, 6 cell NiMH or 2 cell LiPo 7.2/7.4v battery limit, and 1450 grams minimum weight limit.
- VTA: Four wheel Drive touring car chassis only, HPI vintage wheels and tires. Minimum 1550g in race-ready trim, minimum ride height is 5mm. US VTA approved 25.5 Brushless motor and 2s Lipo pack may be used until otherwise noted. See VTA Rules for more: http://www.usvintagetransam.com/rules/2010rules.pdf
- 235mm Pan-car: ROAR approved 19 Turn Motor, 6 cell NiHM, open foam tires, open ESC, single speed transmissiononly, rear suspension and drive, single, one-piece drive axle only, body style: Can-Am, GTP and WSC, minimum 3mm ground clearance under all parts of the vehicle excluding the spur
- GT-8/IGT: Traxxas Slash 4x4 chassis, Velioneon (VXL 3s), open esc, 3s lipo, Ipanema-style rubber tire, and GT body. IGT 4wd Kyosho-style chassis may be used until otherwise noted. Motor limit 2650KV.
Four (4) cars are required to form a class. Class specs may change without notice as class grows in order to meet the needs of the race class. Depending on the number of entries, racers may race according to skill level (Novice, Sportsman, or Expert).
Any car with a set-up other than the factory setting is considered modified. Modified cars will run in the Super Sport class. All cars may be checked to insure compliance with race rules.
Qualification and Main Races
Qualification races are 4-6 minutes.
Main Event races are 6-30 minutes.
Qualification and Main Event races may change due to unforeseen events or situations (classes, available time, or the number of competitors).
Unsportsmanlike conduct is any action or language that may be regarded as abusive to a spectator or another racer. It is not allowed before, after, or during a race.
Unsportsmanlike conduct may result in loss of points or disqualification or other penalties at the discretion of track officials.
Cars cannot be pushed across the finish line.
Drivers are not to drive against the flow of a race, block faster drivers, or attempt to purposely wreck another driver.
Shortcutting the track is not allowed. If a driver cuts the track, he/she must pull aside and allow the competitor immediately behind him/her to pass. Failure to do so will result in penalties (10 seconds, a lap per offense, or qualifier.)
Every competitor is expected to marshal immediately after his/her race or designate a substitute and immediately notify race officials of the change.
Penalty for not marshalling is one lap off of best qualifier.
Cars that can no longer continue in a race will be removed from the track if they are in the path of other cars. Otherwise, they are to be removed after the race.
Turn Marshals will not repair cars during a race.
Turn Marshals must remain on the track until each race has been officially completed.
To avoid possible frequency conflicts, racers should consider having a second frequency available to compete. DSM/Spektrum-type radios will be the exception.
Only a race official may authorize a frequency change.
Radio impound will be immediately after a qualification/main event ends. The exception to this is that a competitor will use the same radio for immediate use.
Practice will terminate one (1) hour prior to the start of the first qualifier.
All practice will be monitored by a race official.
Clean your area
Remove foreign objects from racing surface
Help with track set-up or removal
Assist race director with one race (qualifier or main)
Report unsafe conditions or the improper operating of RC equipment.
Follow directions from the race director at all times.
Lipo bags are required. No exceptions!